Obsessed Rapper Who Wants to Style Out Your Closet

mimima

Certain labels do not interest Angel Haze, the 23-year-old Detroit-born rapper who identifies as agender and prefers the gender-neutral pronouns “they” and “them.” However, when it comes to the subject of fashion, there simply aren’t enough. Talking to them recently as they were on a world tour to support their latest release, Back to the Woods, the stylish magpie and MC immediately began to rattle off a laundry list of designers that have become fixtures in their wardrobe: Givenchy archival jackets; Pyer Moss separates; Saint Laurent combat boots; a 150-piece hat collection replete with Stetsons, custom Nick Fouquets, and Thrasher snapbacks. “I was always into being me and expressing myself in a manner that felt okay. I think with fashion, I like the really gaudy things. I like the things that make me feel two tiers above a human,” they say. “I’ve always been into cultivating a look that’s all my own, that nobody else could really pull off.”

Without question, Angel Haze’s signature androgynous style of distressed concert tees, ripped designer skinny jeans, rugged Saint Laurent boots, and eye-skimming chapeaus have inspired legions of their young fans who are no doubt clamoring to attend tonight’s New York show at S.O.B.’s. “I was just wearing a Coogi sweater at a recent show. You know my shows get lit!” they laugh. “I look at my fans and I guess they try to reflect me. I see a lot of kids with shorts over their leather pants, and I’m wearing Pyer Moss with Givenchy, and they’re like, ‘Yeah, I just bought these because I wanted to be like you!’ which is very cool.”
Read more:http://www.styleme.com.sg>http://www.styleme.com.sg
http://media.vogue.com/r/h_660,w_440/2015/11/23/holding-angel-haze.jpg>
But for the promotion of Back to the Woods, Haze has taken a more decidedly rugged turn—trading in their more covetable pieces like a pair of Christian Louboutin chained boots for a pair of durable cream army boots that they picked up at an army surplus store. “When I made this album, the theme of it was really war tones. I really wanted an army influence, because I’m the chief of my clan, my wolves, my everything,” they passionately explain. “So my whole fashion has changed with that. I don’t think I’ve ever not worn combat boots anywhere. It’s something my character is. I’m that person.” Besides, the sturdy footwear makes for better moshing—Haze tends to jump into the crowd after an energetic and rousing onstage performance.

Of course, when not making plenty of fashion statements onstage with distressed Thrasher tees cut to expose their clavicle, or throwing on Adidas shorts over Adidas track pants for a new take on elevated athleisurewear, Haze is busy styling out their friends. “I have a knack for knowing what looks good on people, so my friends and I created a little segment in our lives called ‘Pimp My Friend,’ ” they laugh. “We take them, dress them up. We even take them shopping! I love people, but I don’t think people realize how important it is to always look your best. If you put in a little bit of effort, you’d be dope.” But Haze quickly attests it’s not just about shopping for shopping’s sake: “We’re not just cultivating clothing. We’re cultivating a person. We’re cultivating a power, a presence.”

<50

Vastaukset

Anonyymi (Kirjaudu / Rekisteröidy)

Ketjusta on poistettu 0 sääntöjenvastaista viestiä.

Luetuimmat keskustelut

1. Mitä ihmettä

Kaipaat hänessä
        Ikävä
      2. Välillä käy mielessä

olisiko sittenkin ollut parempi, että emme koskaan olisi edes tavanneet. Olisi säästynyt monilta kyyneleiltä.
        Ikävä
      3. Mitä oikein

Näet minussa? Kerro.
        Ikävä
      4. Lopeta tuo mun kiusaaminen

Ihan oikeasti. Lopeta tuo ja jätä mut rauhaan.
        Ikävä
      5. Uskoontulo julistetun evankeliumin kautta

Ja kun oli paljon väitelty, nousi Pietari ja sanoi heille: "Miehet, veljet, te tiedätte, että Jumala jo kauan aikaa sitt
        Raamattu
      6. Mika Muranen juttu tänään

Jäi puuttumaan tarkennus syystä teolle. Useat naapurit olivat tehneet rikosilmoituksia tästä kaverista. Kaikki oli Muras
        Sananvapaus
      7. Hanna Kinnunen sai mieheltään tiukkaa noottia Tähdet, tähdet -kotikatsomosta: "Hän ei kestä, jos..."

Hanna Kinnunen on mukana Tähdet, tähdet -kisassa. Ja upeasti Salkkarit-tähti ja radiojuontaja onkin vetänyt. Popedan Lih
        Tv-sarjat
      8. Kotipissa loppuu

Onneksi loppuu kotipizza, kivempi sotkamossa käydä pitzalla
        Kuhmo
      9. Oho! Farmi-tippuja Wallu Valpio ei säästele sanojaan Farmi-oloista "Se oli niin luotaantyöntävää..."

Wallu oikein listaa epämiellyttävät asiat… Monessa realityssä ollut Wallu Valpio ei todellakaan säästele sanojaan tippum
        Tv-sarjat
      10. Helvetin hyvä, että "hullut" tappavat toisensa

On tämä merkillistä, että yritetään pitää hengissä noita paskaperseitä, joilla ei ole muuta tarkoitusta, kuin olla riida
        Kokkola
      Aihe