VAROITUS STS/CIEE

Jahumppajatkuu

Jahumppajatkuu18.11.2014 14:540 SULJE
Siellä ne nytkin etsii Armandolle isäntäperhettä! Kun isäntäperheitä ei ole niin Armando on viettänyt kaksi kuukautta niin sanotussa "welcome family:ssä" eli tilapäisessä perheessä! Eivätkä siis vieläkään ole löytäneet perhettä!!!! Mutta Armandon perheeltä on rahastettu koko vuosi ja arvaattekos miten Armandoa aletaan pian syyttämään kaikesta ja suit sait sukkelaan, Armando laitetaan kotimatkalle.....

http://patch.com/new-jersey/wayne/ciee-seeks-host-family-depaul-catholic-foreign-exchange-student-0

Vastaukset

Anonyymi (Kirjaudu / Rekisteröidy)
    • Kannattaisiko perua

Useimpien vaihto-oppilasjärjestöjen ehtojen sekä valmismatkalain mukaan, matkanjärjestäjän tulee osoittaa kohteessa perhe (asunto tai hotelli). Ellei vaihto-oppilaalle ole osoittaa hostperhettä ENNEN matkaan lähtöä, antaa se oikeuden sopimuksen purkuun ja velvoittaa vaihto-oppilasjärjestön palauttamaan vaihtarivuodesta maksetun summan kokonaisuudessaan.
      Ahneet järjestöt eivät luonnollisestikaan halua palauttaa jo saamiaan rahoja, joten ilmoittavat jonkin ympäripuhutun, ei vaihto-oppilaaseen motivoituneen perheen vastaanottavaksi sijaisperheeksi. Vaihto-oppilaan lähdetteyä matkaan, on vaikeampi saada enää korvauksia, puhumattakaan koko vaihtovuoden peruutuksesta.
      Nuoren jatkuva pompottelu perheestä toiseen ja kolmanteen, on äärimmäisen stressaavaa ja kuluttavaa nuorelle, joka näissä tilanteissa joutuu usein kokemaan itsensä riesaksi, jota kukaan ei halua.

• Eiei

Ei missään tapauksessa kannata hyväksyä tuollaista "welcome familyä". Siitä ei hyödy muu kuin järjestö, jolla ei ole perheitä. Eli epätoivoisesti yrittävät löytää ihan mitä sattuu perheitä ja siinä vaiheessa riski on suuri vaihtarille tulla kaltoinkohdelluksi ja syyllistetyksi milloin mistäkin. Ja kuinka siinä voi keskittyä koulunkäyntiinkään kun saa jännittää mihin seuraavaksi joutuu ja joutuuko jopa vaihtamaan koulua ja osavaltiota eli kaverit jää taakse....

• Humpappaa
        Eiei kirjoitti:

Ei missään tapauksessa kannata hyväksyä tuollaista "welcome familyä". Siitä ei hyödy muu kuin järjestö, jolla ei ole perheitä. Eli epätoivoisesti yrittävät löytää ihan mitä sattuu perheitä ja siinä vaiheessa riski on suuri vaihtarille tulla kaltoinkohdelluksi ja syyllistetyksi milloin mistäkin. Ja kuinka siinä voi keskittyä koulunkäyntiinkään kun saa jännittää mihin seuraavaksi joutuu ja joutuuko jopa vaihtamaan koulua ja osavaltiota eli kaverit jää taakse....

CSFES Norway jakoi linkin.
        2 tuntia sitten ·
        Enda et eksempel på at CIEE bryter reglene i USA for å ha plassert elevene i skolen innen ankomst - ‪#‎CIEE‬ ‪#‎School‬ ‪#‎Regulations‬ ‪#‎USSD‬ ‪#‎StateDepartment‬ ‪#‎Education‬ ‪#‎ExchangeStudent‬ ‪#‎StudentExchange‬

Foreign exchange students want to attend Perry High | Houston & Peach | Macon.com
        PERRY -- When Carl Shaw agreed to take in a couple of foreign exchange students, he says he never…

• Humpappaa
        Humpappaa kirjoitti:

CSFES Norway jakoi linkin.
        2 tuntia sitten ·
        Enda et eksempel på at CIEE bryter reglene i USA for å ha plassert elevene i skolen innen ankomst - ‪#‎CIEE‬ ‪#‎School‬ ‪#‎Regulations‬ ‪#‎USSD‬ ‪#‎StateDepartment‬ ‪#‎Education‬ ‪#‎ExchangeStudent‬ ‪#‎StudentExchange‬

Foreign exchange students want to attend Perry High | Houston & Peach | Macon.com
        PERRY -- When Carl Shaw agreed to take in a couple of foreign exchange students, he says he never…

“I’m just flabbergasted by the whole situation,” said Shaw, a mostly retired physician. “I can’t emphasize enough how good these kids are.”

The school system blames the placement group. Michelle Masters, assistant superintendent of operations for Houston schools, said groups that place exchange students are supposed to have enrollment taken care of before the students are placed in a home. She said it’s the first time she is aware such a problem has come up.

“The bottom line on this is the company is the one that messed this one up,” she said.

Shaw didn’t dispute that, but he wonders why the school system can’t just take in the students. They are, after all, currently residents of the county, he said.

Masters said for any student to attend the school system, the student would have to be living with either a parent or legal guardian.

She also said each principal has the discretion of deciding how many foreign exchange students to take. She wasn’t sure where the bar is set at other schools, but she said when she was a principal she also had a limit of two and many times turned down requests to go over that. But all of those requests, she said, were from the placement company before the students were placed in the county.

One reason for the limit, she said, is that while foreign exchange students are much valued, there is also potential for additional costs. Schools are required to give an English test to any student whose first language isn’t English, she said. If the student fails that test, the school is required to give specialized instruction for the student. Whether that will be needed isn’t known until the students are admitted.

After arriving home from school at Shaw’s house Thursday, Fischer and Xie said they have enjoyed Hawkinsville High. They have gone to every home football game there.

But they said it would be better if they could get into Perry High, especially for after-school activities. They are both hopeful that could still happen.

Rules of the foreign exchange placement service forbid them from obtaining a driver’s license, Shaw said.

He went before the school board Tuesday to discuss the situation, but none of the board members commented.

A person who answered the phone at the Council on International Education Exchange on Friday gave an email address for media questions, but no one immediately responded to an email seeking comment on the issue.

To contact writer Wayne Crenshaw, call 256-9725.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/10/19/3373016/foreign-exchange-students-want.html#storylink=cpy

• Humpappaa
        Humpappaa kirjoitti:

“I’m just flabbergasted by the whole situation,” said Shaw, a mostly retired physician. “I can’t emphasize enough how good these kids are.”

The school system blames the placement group. Michelle Masters, assistant superintendent of operations for Houston schools, said groups that place exchange students are supposed to have enrollment taken care of before the students are placed in a home. She said it’s the first time she is aware such a problem has come up.

“The bottom line on this is the company is the one that messed this one up,” she said.

Shaw didn’t dispute that, but he wonders why the school system can’t just take in the students. They are, after all, currently residents of the county, he said.

Masters said for any student to attend the school system, the student would have to be living with either a parent or legal guardian.

She also said each principal has the discretion of deciding how many foreign exchange students to take. She wasn’t sure where the bar is set at other schools, but she said when she was a principal she also had a limit of two and many times turned down requests to go over that. But all of those requests, she said, were from the placement company before the students were placed in the county.

One reason for the limit, she said, is that while foreign exchange students are much valued, there is also potential for additional costs. Schools are required to give an English test to any student whose first language isn’t English, she said. If the student fails that test, the school is required to give specialized instruction for the student. Whether that will be needed isn’t known until the students are admitted.

After arriving home from school at Shaw’s house Thursday, Fischer and Xie said they have enjoyed Hawkinsville High. They have gone to every home football game there.

But they said it would be better if they could get into Perry High, especially for after-school activities. They are both hopeful that could still happen.

Rules of the foreign exchange placement service forbid them from obtaining a driver’s license, Shaw said.

He went before the school board Tuesday to discuss the situation, but none of the board members commented.

A person who answered the phone at the Council on International Education Exchange on Friday gave an email address for media questions, but no one immediately responded to an email seeking comment on the issue.

To contact writer Wayne Crenshaw, call 256-9725.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/10/19/3373016/foreign-exchange-students-want.html#storylink=cpy

Eli Sts:n yhteistyöjärjestö USA:ssa ei ole varmistanut koulupaikkoja maahantuomilleen vaihtareille. Eli rikkoo lakia.

• Humppa tättärää
        Humpappaa kirjoitti:

Eli Sts:n yhteistyöjärjestö USA:ssa ei ole varmistanut koulupaikkoja maahantuomilleen vaihtareille. Eli rikkoo lakia.

Vaihtareiden ongelmat lisääntyvät järjestöjen ahneuden kasvaessa.
        Vaihto-oppilasjärjestöille maksetaan reilu kymppitonni vaihto-oppilasvuodesta. Järjestöltä edellytetään kahta perusasiaa: 1. Koulun järjestäminen. 2. Isäntäperheen järjestäminen.
        Hoitamatta edes näitä sopimuksen edellyttämiä perusasioita, järjestö on valmis kuittaamaan röyhkeästi vaihtariperheeltä rahat ja kohtelee tämän jälkeen alaikäistä nuorta maailmalla miten sattuu.
        Vanhempien puuttumisella asioihin ei ole mitään vaikutusta. Vanhempien tiukemmat reklamaatiot saavat mitä todennäköisemmin nämä vallanhimoiset maajohtajat ym. toimimaan vaan entistä röyhkeämmin sekä uhmakkaammin.

• Humpppaa

Tällälailla arvioi Ciee:tä nykyinen työntekijä. Ei ihme että toiminta on ala-arvoista.

"Nov 7, 2014

“A disheartening place to work. ”

Current Employee - Supervisor
      I have been working at Council On International Educational Exchange full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros
      Potentially extremely meaningful field
      International connections
      Cons
      Unrealistic work load-saying don't work weekends but impossible not to work weekends or late at night to catch up. Many "critical" mini-projects, reports with changing deadlines which often were rarely used or followed through.

The highest level management appears terrible, negative, pitting everyone against each other and creating an atmosphere of distrust and back stabbing. The mid-level management is often not so good, mainly being promoted due to mass exodus of good staff above them. Sometimes whole departments quit on the same day.

The "CIEE Core Values" are always being touted and staff are required to do self reviews of those values where as the management rarely modeled or followed them. They also are not found in many of the companies practices.

The CEO has a past of some bad dealing with St. John's University and clients often know about it which makes it harder to do business with clients. With new CEO the company has totally changed.

The company has lost its focus and doesn't have a plan of where it is going.

There is also a never ending drama in the office, with in-fighting, firings, resignations, petty games and unprofessional nasty emails. Some days I loathe going into the office, and I almost do not want to read emails from management because you never know what you will read.
      Advice to Management
      My advice is reevaluate leadership and reevaluate what is the focus and plan for the company. Focus on what good is happening, how to make things more positive and enjoyable of a work place where employees want to give their best instead of looking for a way out. Get organized and have a clear chain of command and not having many bosses telling someone what to do.
      Doesn't Recommend
      Negative Outlook
      Disapproves of CEO
      Helpful Flag as Inappropriate Add Employer Response"

• Ciee/sts

Ciee on siis Sts:n yhteistyöjärjestö!

• Vakka ja kansi
        Ciee/sts kirjoitti:

Ciee on siis Sts:n yhteistyöjärjestö!

Siinä sitä on vakka löytänyt kantensa! Molempien touhu on niin ala-arvoista, niin ala-arvoista!!!!!

• Ihmiskauppaa?

Vähän niin kuin koiralle etsittäis uutta kotia. Tuolla CSFES-sivuillahan löytyy myös "kokemuksia" siitä kuinka rivissä jossain on täytynyt kodittomien vaihtarien kertoa mahdollisille isäntäperheille miksi perheiden kannattaisi ottaa juuri heidät. Mikäs se olikaan se ihmiskaupan määritelmä? Katosiko sekin täältä palstalta?

• Organisoitua

Tällästä on Ciee:n toiminta muissa ohjelmissaan. Kovin suunnitelmallista toimintaa.
        CIEE
        Community Service/Non-Profit
        300 Fore St
        Portland, ME 04101
        Share review
        Compliment
        7/24/2012 Updated review
        I participated in CIEE teach abroad in South Korea through the Portland, Maine department. I paid alot of money for them to place me and make sure I recieved all the things advertised to me through thier website and materials. After much frustration with CIEE's poor communication regarding my school placement I finally made it to Seoul. Everything that was advertised to me was not fullfilled except my salary. The work schedule was at least 10 hours a week more than advertised, the housing was horrendous, and I never recieved my medical insurrance. I paid alot of money for CIEE to place me in a really bad situation to the point of me leaving after just three months of my year contract. Not only that but when I asked for a refund I was told that I was "just homesick" by Spencer Jones, the director himself, who knew nearly nothing about the actual situation. I have lived all over the world and have never felt so disrespected by people who supposedly are there to support me. Do not travel with the CIEE Portland, Maine department. Matthew Redman was also especially rude an unhelpful throughout the entire process. Teach in South Korea, Just not with CIEE.

Thanks for your vote!

Useful 8 Funny Cool
        1/18/2012 Previous review I participated in CIEE Teach Abroad in South Korea in 2011. I had an overall horrible experience and all of the things advertised through CIEE were not given to me including: "placement at a reputable institution", health insurrance, and housing "compliant with western expectations." I was overworked, underpaid, had horrible housing and worst of all CIEE refuses to take responsibility for the fraud. Its a complete rip off. I reccomend going through a different recruitor or just finding a job directly with a school online. Do a lot of research and ask the right questions.
        Thanks for your vote!

Useful 2 Funny

• Järkyttynyt

Aivan järkyttävää toimintaa. En tiennyt vaihto-oppilastoiminnan olevan tällaista.

• Juttu ei vaan toimi

Sen takia täällä informoidaan ihmisiä, että nuoret säästyy näiltä uskomattoman törkeiltä "ikimuistoisilta" ajoilta. Mielestäni tällaista toimintaa ei tarvita jos sitä ei osata tehdä kunnolla.
        Tarvittaisiin puolueeton tutkimus siitä, kuinka tyytyväisiä vaihtobisneksen asiakkaat todella ovat.

• Rahat veks ja kotiin

Taitaa Armandokin olla jo kotiinsa passitettuna ja rahansa menettäneenä...
      STS/CIEE vaan toimii näin...! Härskiydellä ei ole mitään rajaa.

Järjestöhän ei lähtöhetkellä kerro rehellisesti tilannetta, että perhettä ei ole, koska se antaisi vaihtarille oikeuden perua matkansa ja saada kaikki rahansa takaisin. EI !!! Sehän ei kertakaikkiaan käy, koska järjestö haluaa rahat, ja pitää kynsin hampain kiinni saamistaan rahoista, jotka on jokaista centtiä myöten rahastanut jo etukäteen.

Mikäli syntyy tilanne, ettei perhettä löydetä tai nykyinen perhe yllättäen lopettaa syystä tai toisesta hostaamisen, järjestö turvautuu epärehellisiin konsteihin ja tekaisee jonkinlaisen syyn, mihin vedoten vaihtari kotiutetaan pikaisesti.

Näitä tapauksia on lukemattomia ja jatkuvasti. Tapaus voi tulla KENEN TAHANSA VAIHTARIN kohdalle yhtäkkiä ja yllättäen.

Helsingin käräjäoikeushan langetti tuomion STS Kielimatkoille joulukuussa -14 juuri tällaisessa tapauksessa, jossa vaihtari oli ilman perusteita passitettu kotiin pikaisesti, kahden päivän varoitusajalla, kun hostperhe oli ilmoittanut lopettavansa.
      Oikeuden langettama tuomio tuskin kuitenkaan hidastaa tai muuttaa STS/CIEE:n epärehellistä ja vilpillistä toimintaa.

• Näinniitälääviälöytyy

Siellä Craigs list:illä ne kaikki järjestöt amerikan päässä ilmoittelee. Hieman kyseenalainen paikka etsiä alaikäisille isäntäperheitä.

Nyt tämä yksi ilmoittelee facebook-sivuillaan että jo suosittelemalla isäntäperheeksi jotain niin voi ansaita 200 dollaria!!

Kuinkas tää nyt menee yhteen sen opetushallituksen suosituksen kanssa, että "perheenhankinnan tulee olla vastikkeetonta!?"

Eikö Sts noudatakaan näitä suosituksia? Sts on Ciee:n yhteistyöjärjestö.

http://scranton.craigslist.org/vol/4933472697.html

Ketjusta on poistettu 2 sääntöjenvastaista viestiä.

Luetuimmat keskustelut

1. Mielessäni vieläkin T

Harmi että siinä kävi niinkuin kävi, rakastin sinua. Toivotan sulle kaikkea hyvää. Toivottavasti löydät sopivan ja hyvän
      Ikävä
    2. Nellietä Emmaa ja Amandaa stressaa

Ukkii minnuu Emmaa ja Amandaa stressaa ihan sikana joten voidaanko me koko kolmikko hypätä ukin kainaloon ja syleilyyn k
      Isovanhempien jutut
    3. Pupuhuhdasta löytyi lähes sadan kilon miljoonalasti huumeita

Pupuhuhdasta löytyi lähes sadan kilon miljoonalasti huumeita – neljä Jyväskylän Outlaws MC:n jäsentä vangittu: "Määrät p
      Jyväskylä
    4. Ei luottoa lakko maahan

Patria menetti sovitun ksupan.
      Suomen Keskusta
    5. Nähtäiskö ylihuomenna taas siellä missä viimeksikin?

Otetaan ruokaöljyä, banaaneita ja tuorekurkkuja sinne messiin. Tehdään taas sitä meidän salakivaa.
      Ikävä
    6. Persut petti kannattajansa, totaalisesti !

Peraujen fundamentalisteille, vaihtkaa saittia. Muille, näin sen näimme. On helppo luvata kehareille, eikä ne ymmärrä,
      Maailman menoa
    7. Sinäkö se olit...

Vai olitko? Jostain kumman syystä katse venyi.. Ajelin sitten miten sattuu ja sanoin ääneen siinä se nyt meni😅😅... Lis
      Ikävä
    8. Housuvaippojen käyttö Suomi vs Ulkomaat

Suomessa housuvaippoja aletaan käyttämään vauvoilla heti, kun ne alkavat ryömiä. Tuntuu, että ulkomailla housuvaippoihin
      Vaipat
    9. Hyvää yötä ja kauniita unia!

Täytyy alkaa taas nukkumaan, että jaksaa taas tämän päivän haasteet. Aikainen tipu madon löytää, vai miten se ärsyttävä
      Tunteet
    10. Lepakot ja lepakkopönttö

Ajattelin tehdä lepakkopöntön. Tietääkö joku ovatko lepakot talvella lepakkopöntössä ´vai jossain muualla nukkumassa ta
    Aihe