tsunami

Onko tietoa missä kunnossa Langkawi on hyökyaaltojen jälkeen? Matkalle olisi tarkoitus lähteä parin viikon kuluttua...

Vastaukset

Anonyymi (Kirjaudu / Rekisteröidy)
    • Lada

Vennie on sivujen ylläpitäjä..

http://www.langkawi-online.com/discus/messages/32/32.html?MondayDecember2720040721pm

By Yuri on Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 05:22 pm:

Dear Vennie!!!
      Please, respond as soon as possible!
      WHAT HAPPENED WITH OUR BELOVED LANGKAWI THIS UNHAPPY MORNING???
      We have seen over TV just now the terrible news from Sri-Lanka and Phuket island. They said "...earthguake in Indonesia...tsunami ... numerous victims on Phuket...". Did the tsunami attack Langkawi too? Are there any shambles on the island? How are things in Telaga Harbour (where my friend Asman works? In Burau Bay? On Pantai Kok? On Pantai Cenang? On Pantai Tengah?
      May the Lord help you!

With love from Russia,
      Elena and Yuriy Yagupov.
      By peter & mel ide on Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 05:42 pm:

we too have been watching the terrible scenes.
      Hoping all our friends at The Casa del mar are safe- Susan and Peter, plus Tony and Jay at TJs little Mano plus all the ex pats Barry and Sylvia and the gang.

tried texting them but no response
      hope all are safe and well
      By SAMJONES on Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 08:28 pm:

GOING OUT OF OUR MINDS REGARDING DEVASTION, CAN NOT GET ANY NEWS REGARDING LANGKAWI OUR BELOVED ISLAND MANY FOND MEMORIES AND FRIENDS AROUND THE PANTAI CHENANG AREA, WE ARE COMING AGAIN IN THE NEW YEAR AND ARE SO CONCERNED FOR THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AND ISLAND.

IF ANYONE COULD LET US KNOW JUST HOW IT HAS AFFECTED THE ISLAND WE WOULD BE GRATEFUL.

LANGKAWI AND ALL RESIDENTS AND FRIENDS ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS XXXX
      By pete ide on Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 09:20 pm:

Just so anyone concerned can rest a bit easy. We have just had a call from our friends who live just off Pantai Cenang.
      The island has been hit but not badly it appears. Tengah and Cenang are ok- the Casa Del Mar is flooded and the Pelangi has been evacuated . Early reports -sadly- of 2 people being killed. It would appear -although news is sketchy -that the worst part was the north west with damage getting less as you head down the coast.
      Pantai Kok is flooded and some boats damaged. But it could have been worse.

PS our friends are now doing what all good Brits do- getting drunk.....
      hope this puts some minds to rest
      By SAMJONES on Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 10:28 pm:

PETE IDE

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR INFO, THANK GOODNESS OUR PARIDISE HAS NOT BEEN AFFECTED TOO BADLY, SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT PELANGI, AS THAT IS WERE WE STAY. JUST HOPE ALL STAFF AND HOLIDAY MAKERS AT THE RESORT ARE OK, OUR HEARTS GO OUT TO EVERYONE THERE AND IF YOU DO HAVE FURTHER COMMUNICATION WITH YOUR FRIENDS, TELL THEM THE UK ARE CONCERNED AND HAVE A DRINK ON US. WE WILL BE OUT TO SEE EVERYONE AGAIN SOON.

ANY FURTHER NEWS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. XXX
      By white on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 01:52 am:

Dear Vennie,
      i'm going to Langkawi...i would like to have stay from 7 to 9 Jan 2005...can u suggest any cheap price of any resorts, chalets, hotels or guest house stay for me?
      do u know the phone number of Zackry guest house?
      thank u very much for helping...

jei
      By nikie on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 03:00 am:

Hi,
      Is there any news about the Tanjung Rhu? Any injured people or damage of the resort? I hope everything is fine for Langkawi.
      By Anonymous on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 03:21 am:

PETE IDE
      THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR INFO. How is Langkawi Village and the other places near?
      Is it ok to come as planned? We will arrive next week if nothing else happens...
      Take care all of ypu!
      By Anonymous on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 03:44 am:

Hi!

We're supposed to arrive to Langakawi on the 10th january and spend five days at the village resort. Does anyone know if that hotel was damaged?
      By chip on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 04:14 am:

How about Sheraton Perdana? Has it been damaged? I guess
      Datai got badly hit? I hope everyone is safe... sad to see so
      many people got killed on tv.
      By Pete on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 04:32 am:

afraid I cant give any more news-we are here in the UK and the telephone line was poor. It appears that the further North you go from Cenang the worse it was- BUT I cant tell you how bad. The guys were waiting for another tidal wave due mid afternoon our time - lets hope it never happened.
      I cant say how any other resort is- becuase I dont know.
      guess we will all find out in time - fingers crossed.
      Listening to the TV this morning the best advice was contact your tour operator.
      By roberto on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 06:56 am:

exscuse my inglish..................
      is all ok in langkawi?
      can i come in langkawi ?
      By Joanne on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 07:44 am:

Vennie!

I read reports in our Singapore papers today that people had to be rescued from trees! This hits home really hard, especially since we were just there before Christmas. Our prayers are with all affected by this disaster.
      By Vennie on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 11:28 am:

To all those who is concern about Langkawi

Well, the second wave didn't come. Anyway we are still keeping our fingers cross, hopefully it will never come. The worst part of Langkawi is Kuala Teriang, a small fishing village a few KM from Berjaya Beach Resort, a few cars was pull into the river and houses a long the beach was destroyed but people is ok. The second worst would be Harbour Park, the marina is gone, yachts are on the land and under water. Luckily, noone was killed. Other part of Langkawi is ok since we have 99 islands all together and they are blocking the wave from reaching us hard.

The wave was only 2 meters high, lucky for us.

Sorry guys for not been able to get in touch with you all sooner as I was on holiday.
      By Aida Saadon on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 02:06 pm:

My family and I left Langkawi on 23/12/04. Was our 3rd time there and we'll be back in June or Dec 2005 hopefully. We were in AB Motel at Pantai Cenang and was really looking forward to return there next yr. Our 1st 2 trip was at Berjaya but Pantai Cenang area would be our dream holiday venue now. Wondering how the situation at Pantai Cenang is today. The media is not covering much on Langkawi. So sad for the many loss of lives lost...
      By Sun Weiwei on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 02:32 pm:

RESEND!

I have ordered the City Bayview Hotel from Jan.30-Feb.4.Reservation number is GK3995.
      I have sent several mails to your website, but no reply.

Please kindly help to answer the following questions?
      1/ I would like to confirm I can check in by this hard copy of the confirmation letter?

2/ I also would like to confirm if the hotel has confirmed my room booking or not, and the breakfast included is one or two?

3/ Now I found the price on the website is higher than I had booked, could you also help to confirm if the price of my order won't change accordingly?

4/ The last question is if I have to revise the hotel reservation by any force majeure, the hotel also will charge me as the cancellation policy.
      By Jürgen on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 03:01 pm:

Thank you, Vennie, for the massage. Greate, noboody was killed and i hope, the village resort is ok!

My friend V.J., were are you? I´m Jürgen, husband from Manuela. We stay on 1998 on your Island and we hope, you are ok.

please send me a massage under [email protected]
      By jono on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 05:57 pm:

Does anyone know if the Berjaya beach resort on the north west of the island has been badly affected as no news in uk about the earthquake effects on langkawi.
      By Laurent Lefouet on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 06:52 pm:

I've been in touch with the Datai & Tanjung Rhu. None has been affected by the tidal wave, from their says.
      The datai manager is however confirming that the south of the island was hit quite badly, especially fishing villages. They don't know yet about casualties.
      The french foreign office is recommanding to delay travels to Langkawi and Penang for 3 days.
      If somebody overthere can give us a better idea of the current situation, that would help.
      Globally, and even from Malaysian newspaper, it seems that Penang was hit harder than langkawi.

• Lada

Kelaa sivun alareunaan jos haluat lukea selvemmässä muodossa..

Langkawi onlinen kotisivut ovat muutenkin selailun arvoiset. Hotellien varauskin käy edullisesti ja varmasti.

• Lada

VirtualTravelleristä:

thought this may help ease some people's minds:

The Malaysian island of Langkawi emerged from today's tidal wave with relatively little damage as most visitors slept peacefully through the minor tremor this morning.

The wave hit some four hours later, with only three resorts reporting more than minor damage.

The two worst hit resorts are the Pelangi Beach Resort where the first row of beach-facing rooms sustained minor damage and flooding. Guests have been relocated to rooms further back or moved to other hotels and are continuing to enjoy their holiday.

The popular Casa del Mar Resort next door suffered damage to their outdoor dining area and swimming pool.

Other resorts were protected by Langkawi's many small offshore islands that sheltered the island from the worst of the wave.

TRAVEL ADVICE
      Holidaymakers with trips booked to Langkawi will find the island operating normally, with the possible exception of the resorts mentioned above.

We are in Langkawi now. Garden Beach Resort was heavily damaged. They moved their guests to another hotel. Many local houses are just piles of mud and debris.
      We drove by many homes today. Police are patroling some beaches to make sure people aren't swimming. Probably until the threat of more tremors goes away. It was pretty scary when the waves came in. We were on Patai Cenang at the Red Tomato.

Paikallinen iltis:
      http://www.thestar.com.my/

Kiitos infosta! Todella järkyttävää, että tuollaista tapahtuu. Onnkeksi Malesia sentään selvisi vähällä muihin alueen maihin verrattuna.

Ketjusta on poistettu 0 sääntöjenvastaista viestiä.

Luetuimmat keskustelut

1. Monenko kanssa olet harrastanut seksiä

tänä aikana kun olet kaivattuasi kaipaillut?
      Ikävä
    2. Melkein lähetin viestin.

Onneksi tulin järkiini. Mukavaa kesää
      Ikävä
    3. Sulla on nainen muuten näkyvät viiksikarvat naamassa jotka pitää poistaa

Kannattaa katsoa peilistä lasien kanssa, ettet saa ihmisiltä ikäviä kommentteja.
      Ikävä
    4. Timo Soini tyrmää Tynkkysen selitykset Venäjän putinistileiristä

"Soini toimi ulkoministerinä ja puolueen puheenjohtajana vuonna 2016, jolloin silloinen perussuomalaisten varapuheenjoht
      Maailman menoa
    5. Kalateltta fiasko

Onko Tamperelaisyrittäjälle iskenyt ahneus vai mistä johtuu että tänä vuonna ruuat on surkeita aikaisempiin vuosiin verr
      Kuhmo
    6. Ikävöimäsi henkilön ikä

Minkä ikäinen kaipauksen kohteenne on? Onko tämä vain plus 50 palsta vai kaivataanko kolme-neljäkymppisiä? Oma kohde mie
      Ikävä
    7. Nainen voi rakastaa

Ujoakin miestä, mutta jos miestä pelottaa näkeminenkin, niin aika vaikeaa on. Semmoista ei varmaan voi rakastaa. Miehelt
      Ikävä
    8. Rakastan sinua

Olen tiennyt sen pitkään mutta nyt ymmärsin että se ei menekään ohi
      Ikävä
    9. IS Viikonloppu 20.-21.7.2024

Tällä kertaa Toni Pitkälä esittelee piirrostaitojansa nuorten pimujen, musiikkibändien ja Raamatun Edenin kertomusten ku
      Sanaristikot
    10. Liikenne onnettomuus

Annas kun arvaan -Nuoriso -Ajokortti poikkeusluvalla -Ylinopeus
      Orimattila
    Aihe