Suomi24 Keskustelussa on viikonlopun aikana ollut poikkeuksellisen paljon bottien automaattiseti luomia kommentteja. Pahoittelemme tästä aiheutunutta harmia. Olemme kiristäneet Keskustelujen suojausasetuksia ja kommentointi on toistaiseksi estetty ulkomailta.

How does finnish sound like for foreigners?

Mikkohhhh

Hey!

Im interested in knowing how does the finnish language(spoken) sound like for the foreigners especially for americans and englishmen. Could u compare it to any other language. Does it sound pretty/ugly? I know that the swedes think it sounds ugly cause they have little bit similar language compared to ours(just a little). But what do you english speakers especially think about finnish as a language?

Thanks!

Vastaukset

Anonyymi (Kirjaudu / Rekisteröidy)
    • ikäänkuin
    • Japanik

Go here and find some usefull info www.forefinn.fi

best regards

cheers!

• Itä-Euroopalainen

Sorry, but Finnish language sounds quite ugly to me. Unfortunately I have to learn it, and I am progressing in learning but I don't have any desire... I would rather prefer yo study Swedish language, I really like how Swedish sounds. But it is currently no use in Keski-Suomi :( My man is a Finn and it is the only reason I try to learn it (and to get a nice job of course).

• Khak

it sounds quite hard in a sense that many letters are strongly pronounced. For example, K and R are very obvious. R does not sounds like the English one, but equals to two RR and KOO is different and stronger.

• Random american

Might depend on where the English speaker is from?

I'm from USA and my first impression with Finnish was "Is that Spanish?" The phonemes are very similar to Spanish and Italian in a way that when I've heard Finns speaking those languages, the sounds come very naturally.

It sounds quite a bit like those with a piece of the throat pressed down to make a deep and muted sound, like the rubber ball used to mute a trumpet.

To be honest, it doesn't sound harsh to me.

Finnish English on the other hand sounds very very robotic, a bit Frankenstein-esque.

I very much prefer the sound of Finns speaking Finnish to English :)

• I fuck your mom

Finnish is the most beautiful language ever.

Ketjusta on poistettu 0 sääntöjenvastaista viestiä.

Luetuimmat keskustelut

1. Millä voin

Hyvittää kaiken?
      Ikävä
    2. Jotain puuttuu

Kun en sinua näe. Et ehkä arvaisi, mutta olen arka kuin alaston koivu lehtiä vailla, talven jäljiltä, kun ajattelen sinu
      Ikävä
    3. Haluan sut

Haluatko sinä vielä mut?
      Ikävä
    4. Hei A, osaatko

sanoa, miksi olet ihan yhtäkkiä ilmestynyt kaveriehdotuksiini Facebookissa? Mitähän kaikkea Facebook tietää mitä minä en
      Ikävä
    5. Haluaisin aidosti jo luovuttaa ja unohtaa

Ei tästä mitään tule koskaan.
      Ikävä
    6. Ampuminen Iisalmessa

Älytöntä on tämä maailman meno.
      Iisalmi
    7. Pohjola kadulla paukuteltu

Iltasanomissa juttua.
      Iisalmi
    8. 63
    9. Synnittömänä syntyminen

Helluntailaisperäisillä lahkoilla on Raamatunvastainen harhausko että ihminen syntyy synnittömänä.
      Helluntailaisuus
    10. Mitä tämä tarkoittaa,

että näkyy vain viimevuotisia? Kirjoitin muutama tunti sitten viestin, onko se häipynyt avaruuteen?
      Ikävä
    Aihe