how diffycult is suomi to learn ?

Puhutko jo suomea ?

I wonder how the " english speaking people " find suomi as a language ?

Many say that is quite hard to learn - but howcome all children in Finland speak it then.

It is more diffycult if You compare it to english ?

How many years of studying suomi You have ?

Vastaukset

Anonyymi (Kirjaudu / Rekisteröidy)
    • Lolllllll

but howcome all children in Finland speak it then.

tuo oli aika tyhmästi sanottu.. totta kai sen oppii jos sitä koko ikä jauhetaan toiselle. vähän niinkuin kiinaa opettelisi. kaiken oppii harjoittelemalla. ja kun siihen ei tule muita kieliä päälle niin sen oppii nopeasti, jos lapselle sopertaa kiinaa ja suomea ollessaan pieni hän oppii molemmat paljon helpommin kuin 20 - vuotiaana

• Finnish.Learner

I was often told that Finnish language is the most difficult language in the world. Totaliseskti paskaa. In fact, I am learning Finnish faster than I learned English and my mother tongue does not share any similarities with either of them. But I have to admit learning English helped me understand the difficulties one would face learning a new language which might have eased the whole frustration part now that I am learning another new language i.e. Finnish :)

• Bill of Rights

Very interesting viewpoint !

I just think that this all comes to the education system of UK and USA - AUS & NZ

There are just no languages to be tought in schools ! There are no teachers to teach any foreign
      language. They dont know how to teach ?

This way in Finland - we have 100 years advantage.

• know about

UK, AUS or NZ but American schools teach a foreign language, most often Spanish or French. In order to be admitted to a University you have to have at least two years of foreign language study, top Universities require four years.
        About that 100yr. advantage - I would suggest you study history a little bit more.

• 200 years of history
        know about kirjoitti:

UK, AUS or NZ but American schools teach a foreign language, most often Spanish or French. In order to be admitted to a University you have to have at least two years of foreign language study, top Universities require four years.
        About that 100yr. advantage - I would suggest you study history a little bit more.

History aparts USA from Europe

What i know about the mainkland USA is that thier spanish is for mexicans and other South American people - not for the SPAIN spanish.

What i have hear many english speaking complain is often about thier schooling system - that there is / are no languages to be learn !

You must remember that at your schools you get the picture of the world.

The 100 taers advantage comes from our history - Did You read it ?

1809 We were a part of Sweden - then Russia - that makes it 200 years advantage !

• advantage?
        200 years of history kirjoitti:

History aparts USA from Europe

What i know about the mainkland USA is that thier spanish is for mexicans and other South American people - not for the SPAIN spanish.

What i have hear many english speaking complain is often about thier schooling system - that there is / are no languages to be learn !

You must remember that at your schools you get the picture of the world.

The 100 taers advantage comes from our history - Did You read it ?

1809 We were a part of Sweden - then Russia - that makes it 200 years advantage !

The first university in Finland was founded in 1640 in Turku and it became Helsinki University in 1829.
        Harvard University in USA was founded in 1636.
        Did you read your own history?

• One Party
        advantage? kirjoitti:

The first university in Finland was founded in 1640 in Turku and it became Helsinki University in 1829.
        Harvard University in USA was founded in 1636.
        Did you read your own history?

The advantage 200 is about dealing with people - that speak another language than yours !

We wree under the Swedes and Russians - i think that 13 states of USA was allways english speaking ?

Are You saying that all the teaching was in latin ?

Why did You have the famous - Boston tea party ?

Could You tell us why - and whose idea is was ?

If i remember right the HARVARD is just in Boston Mass ?

• trying to say?
        One Party kirjoitti:

The advantage 200 is about dealing with people - that speak another language than yours !

We wree under the Swedes and Russians - i think that 13 states of USA was allways english speaking ?

Are You saying that all the teaching was in latin ?

Why did You have the famous - Boston tea party ?

Could You tell us why - and whose idea is was ?

If i remember right the HARVARD is just in Boston Mass ?

You don't make any sense at all. What does wree mean?

• One Party
        trying to say? kirjoitti:

You don't make any sense at all. What does wree mean?

Sorry wree was were !

Why did You have - the tea party 1776 ?

Who was behind it ?

Why did they ( people in Boston Ma ) dislike the British ?

What was the difference between the British vs the Americans ?

Dont they even teach this at HARVARD ?

We all know HARVARD - but what do they teach there ?

• are you?
        One Party kirjoitti:

Sorry wree was were !

Who was behind it ?

An American student learns all that way before graduating High School. Don't they teach American history in Finland?
        What do they teach in Harvard? Law, business, medicine and umpteen other subjects.

• One Party
        are you? kirjoitti:

An American student learns all that way before graduating High School. Don't they teach American history in Finland?
        What do they teach in Harvard? Law, business, medicine and umpteen other subjects.

Thank You - Kiitos

You just didnt mention anything about the TEA PARTY of BOSTON Mass.

Why did it happen ? I am ASKING why ?

Did You just forget it ? I only takes some 10minutes ?

What is / was the difference between The Brithish and The American British ?

Do You think - that when You are being called American and speak english
        that is like knowing two languages ? - history etc ?
        Like Suomi being part of Sweden 1809 and Russia 1917 ?

Nobody ever told me why they rebelled - so could You try !

You seem to know the history - maybe a Harvard Graduate ?

I am afraid they all this was never tought at my school !

• Tea Party
        One Party kirjoitti:

Sorry wree was were !

Who was behind it ?

was in 1773. United States became independent in 1776 (vs. Finland in 1917). In my opinion USA has the advantage here.
        All you need to do is type "Boston Tea Party" in your Google and the information will be available to you. I don't have the time to teach you history that you can learn by yourself without lifting your butt.

• One Party
        Tea Party kirjoitti:

was in 1773. United States became independent in 1776 (vs. Finland in 1917). In my opinion USA has the advantage here.
        All you need to do is type "Boston Tea Party" in your Google and the information will be available to you. I don't have the time to teach you history that you can learn by yourself without lifting your butt.

Are You saying that nobody talkss about the ones that rebelled vs

The British & The Queen ?

I am glad that everyone in USA knows the ones - all about it and better.

The schools are not so bad as we have thought here in Suomi.

By the way - are You talking about the public schools ?

• 1809 - 2009
        Tea Party kirjoitti:

Finland became 1809 a Grand Duchy of Russia. 1776 - 1809 is a short time in history

What really happened is the key ! There is no history - other like it !

• Casablanca

How Europeans know the difference between American - Canadian and British ?

Is this too easy, thanks to that Americans knows spanish too ? All USA high schools teach spanish and french !

• Born American

Most USA / High School students dont speak / or learn either spanish or french !

• # One

Kiitos Thank You very ineresting comparison !

• Elena2

I bet it's hard for english-speaking people to learn it but since I'm a true Finn I can't say for sure. Of course it's easy to learn the language if you grow up in the middle of Finnish speaking people and the learning of the languages is also much more easier for toddlers/children. I speak both fluent Finnish and English and I must say English is easier for me though Finnish is my native language.

• a finnish girl

As a child from two to nine years you can learn languages very easily. I am a Finn, but I have studied English at school for eight years but don`t speak und understood it well. I think Finnish is very difficul for foreigners but you can lern it!

Ketjusta on poistettu 0 sääntöjenvastaista viestiä.

Luetuimmat keskustelut

1. Tähdet, tähdet -tippuja Kake Randelin tilittää avoimena: "Tämä on viihdyttämistä, eikä sitä..."

ISO kiitos Kake lauluistasi!Nyt ei vaan studioyleisö lämmennyt. Olet legenda! Lue Kake Randelinin mietteet: https://w
      Tv-sarjat
    2. Haistoin ensin tuoksusi

Käännyin katsomaan oletko se todellakin sinä , otin askeleen taakse ja jähmetyin. Moikattiin naamat peruslukemilla. Tu
      Ikävä
    3. En koskaan

Aliarvoinut, nauranut/pitänyt pilkkana, tai ajatellut mitään negatiivista sinusta. Jos nämä asiat uskot ja luotat sen v
      Ikävä
    4. Martinasta kiva haastattelu Iltalehdessä

Hyvän mielen haastattelu ja Martina kauniina ja raikkaan keväisenä kuvissa.
      Kotimaiset julkkisjuorut
    5. Nainen, olet kaipaillut seuraani

Tiedän sen, kuulen sen. Sinulla ei ole muita joiden kanssa voisit niistä asioista keskustella joista keskustelet kanssan
      Ikävä
    6. Kirjoitit joskus minulle tietäen

Että se olin minä.
      Ikävä
    7. Vornanen alkaa olla kusessa

Kaikki vanhat synnit on kaiveltu esiin ja niitä tosiaan näyttää olevan. Poliisin asussa esiintyminen vaaliteltalla, työt
      Joensuu
    8. Emme näe enää koskaan

Näin ainakin uskon. Mutta ei hätää, et menetä yhtään mitään minussa. Sen kai jo tiesitkin. Hyvää vappua ja kesää. Toivon
      Ikävä
    9. Mitäs meinaatte vappuna

ikävöivät ihmiset?
      Ikävä
    10. Mitä teet mies

Tälleen vappuaattona? Mietityttää, että onkohan sulla joku nainen, jonka kanssa vietät vapun? 😔
      Ikävä
    Aihe