Back to Basics

Hippo

OFFICIAL INFO:

Name: BACK TO BASICS
Release Date: Christina herself confirmed that the album will be out on Spring/2006 [March 21st- June 21st]
Language: She is/was working on an English and a Spanish one (??).

Back to Basics: Out in June
"I feel like I´ve been pregnant for 18 months!" says Aguilera of how long it has taken her to finish the follow up to 2002´s Stripped. Aguilera sees this disk a modern apdate of the vintage jazz, pop and R&B she loved as a kid - artist from Billie Holiday to Otis Redding. Working at Chalice Studios in Los Angeles with beatmakers including DJ Premier and Mark Ronson, she went for a "throwback style using horn samples so it sounds gritty and old", she says. "But we´ve been able to splice into something that people can still dance to in the clubs".

Aguilera also teamed up with Linda Perry, her collaborator on Stripped. "We dove headfirst into a Tweenties and Thirties era vibe", Aguilera says. "We have a song that sounds like you walked into a 1920´s burlesque club".

On one yet-to-be-tittled track, Aguilera sings about losing a loved one on top of layered strings à la "Eleonor Rigby". Other songs includes and Andrew Sisters sendup called "Candyman" and a ballad dedicated to her new husband tittled "Save me From Myself". Aguilera´s considering releasing the album as a double disk, though no concrete decisions have been made. "There´s a lot of stuff people haven´t heard from me before", she says. "On one song, Im just right above the mike. There´s no reverb. There´s no effects. There´s no belting at all - nothing."
Source: Rolling Stone

Confirmed Tracks:
01. Back In The Day
02. Understanding
03. Thank You
04. Here To Stay
05. Save Me From Myself
06. Mercy On Me
07. Nasty Naughty Boy
08. Candy Man
09. The Right Man
10. Trouble
11. Back To Basics
12. Aint no Other Man

BACK IN THE DAY
produced by DJ Premier (fast song, homage to soul artists from back in the day, Christina wants to be her 2nd or third single). 100 beats/minute.

UNDERSTANDING
produced by Kwamé, who decribed it as a ballad that will remind people those old blues songs

THANK YOU
produced by DJ Premier (Features Genie In A Bottle A Capella turned into a scratch intro opera as the intro to the actual song!). This song also features fan´s voice mail messages and was mention on one article by the name "Thank You (Dedications to Fans)"

HERE TO STAY
was just registered on ASCAP. Christina is one of the writters among others, but there is no info what this track really is, or if it will remain the same.

AINT NO OTHER MAN
by DJ Premier. First song that have a 2 minutes clip leaked. The song has 127 beats per minute (really fast) and is almost sure to be confirmed as the first single. The tittle has not been 100% confirmed as that, as the fans named it because of the chorus and the press keeps reporting to it as that name as well.

SAVE ME FROM MYSELF
She mentions it on OK! Magazine (After the Wedding Special issue) as being a song dedicated to Jordan, saying the song´s tittle is that because this is exactly what he does to her.

Not only "Save Me From Myself" was confirmed today, but it was also registered on ASCAP with a lot of other songs she wrote with Linda Perry!. Remember that the tittles might change and some songs from the previous records are still with their registration name on ASCAP even tho the final release had something different. Check the songs that are new, and also - their writters.

http://www.christinamultimedia.com/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=71658

Vastaukset

Anonyymi (Kirjaudu / Rekisteröidy)
    • simple

Hienoa, kiitos tästä Hippo! Itselläni ei riitä kärsivällisyys mennä surffailemaan tuonne multimediaan! Ihanaa, kun "Here To Stay" tulee albumille... Aivan ihana kappale!

• vani|la

Minä luulin, että uudella albumille tulee vain jotain "i lov juu beibi" ballaadeja ja jonkinmoista blues tyylistä soundia, mutta ainakin tuo AINT NO OTHER MAN biisi kuullostaa lupaavalta.

Ketjusta on poistettu 0 sääntöjenvastaista viestiä.

Luetuimmat keskustelut

1. Naiset miltä kiihottuminen teissä tuntuu

Kun miehellä tulee seisokki ja ja sellainen kihmelöinti sinne niin mitä naisessa köy? :)
      Sinkut
    2. Haistoin ensin tuoksusi

Käännyin katsomaan oletko se todellakin sinä , otin askeleen taakse ja jähmetyin. Moikattiin naamat peruslukemilla. Tu
      Ikävä
    3. Olet sä kyllä

ihme nainen. Mikä on tuo sun viehätysvoiman salaisuus?
      Ikävä
    4. Hiljaiset hyvästit?

Vai mikä on :( oonko sanonut jotain vai mitä?
      Ikävä
    5. Teuvo Hakkaraisesta tulee eurovaalien ääniharava

Persuissa harmitellaan omaa tyhmyyttä
      Maailman menoa
    6. Miksi kohtelit minua kuin tyhmää koiraa?

Rakastin sinua mutta kohtelit huonosti. Tuntuu ala-arvoiselta. Miksi kuvittelin että joku kohtelisi minua reilusti. Hais
      Särkynyt sydän
    7. Turha mun on yrittää saada yhteyttä

Oot mikä oot ja se siitä
      Suhteet
    8. Näkymätöntä porukkaa vai ei

Mon asuu yksin. Mitas mieltä ootte ?
      Ikävä
    9. 23
    10. Martinasta kiva haastattelu Iltalehdessä

Hyvän mielen haastattelu ja Martina kauniina ja raikkaan keväisenä kuvissa.
      Kotimaiset julkkisjuorut
    Aihe